Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taking Advantage of Opportunities...

Okay, I admit it. I frequently don't take advantage of the opportunities that come my way. I pick up a newspaper or read a local news blog and discover that an event, speaker, writer - something - is coming near my hometown -- and I don't go. I can come up with a million reasons why I can't go - I am too busy, I have other plans, it is too cold, I haven't been home all week, etc. 


This year, one of my pledges to myself was to stop finding reasons to say "no" and instead find reasons to say "yes". One of the events to which I recently said "yes" was a dinner with P. Buckley Moss. I have always enjoyed her art that features many people, scenes, and aspects of prairie life. She is absolutely delightful! She visited with anyone who wanted to talk, signed the artwork those in attendance had brought, and related so well with the audience, you would think she was a "hometown girl"


Saying yes is often rewarding - don't let life pass you by!

1 comment:

  1. Yes... I like that....find reasons to say yes!

    Thanks for a great browse... I enjoyed my visit thoroughly!

    Wishing you a wonderful day ahead... and thanks again for dropping me a note to introduce yourself!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete