Monday, March 26, 2012

Feeling a Bit "Scrunched"...

I am so thankful that spring is here... but, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything that I need to do - and do fast!

During the next 12 weeks, I have a son graduating from high school, the anticipated birth of my first grandchild, the opening of a Community Services Building that I am in charge of - yikes! These, in addition to all that comes with spring and gardening - yep, I am scrunched!

So, what do I do when I am being squeezed from all ends? Here are a few of my coping techniques:

1. Walks - I take time to get outside and power walk to burn off the feeling of being overwhelmed.

2. Mint Tea - I make and drink lots of it - it is very soothing.

3.  Laugh - I take time to find the "funny" in this craziness, and laugh when I find it.

4.  Love - I make a point of letting those around me know that in spite of the fact I am busy - I am thinking of them and love them very much.

5. Pray - over and over and over...

6.  Gratitude - I acknowledge how blessed I am to have such a rich and full life!

What do you do when you feel "scrunched"??

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment