Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello, Spring!!

I cannot believe that spring has sprung! My closets, gardens, windows, lawn mower, and various projects may not be ready, but boy my spirit is! I am loving it!

I worked several evenings this week, catching up on projects, so that I could have this glorious Friday off.... and am I ever glad I did!

I took a walk around our prairie hill this morning, searching out the tulips that have pushed one or two leaves up through the warming soil. 

The daffodils are in full bloom, with their yellow heads dancing and swaying in the warm breeze.

No sign of the asparagus I planted last year, but the irises that are in the adjacent bed have jutted out of the ground, with leaves about a hand high.

I plan to linger just a bit longer in this early thaw, before I kick into gear and officially become a gardener!

Enjoy, everyone!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment