Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow on the Prairie....

I know it's coming and yet, somehow, I am always surprised and unprepared... snow? SNOW! This time, three-to-four inches of it, with drifts twice that depth.

When the first snow hits, it always reminds me of Christmas in Connecticut - that scene, when Bing Crosby and the two blond leads sing" Snow, snow, snow, snow, snoooow". Of course, they are all indoors looking out the window when they burst out into song. Somehow, I don't think they would have that same gusto if they were outside, with wind gusts of 40 miles an hour and a wind chill of minus 5 degrees, as we were last night when we came home to "snow".

But, just as I was getting caught up in my middle aged grumpiness about shoveling and salt and brrrr.... my dog caught the spirit of new fallen snow - she jumped out of the car and tore through the drifts, zigging and zagging as she went - snow crystals flying in the air as she "led" me up the drifted walk. As I slugged along, snow up to my knees as times, I couldn't help but laugh. 

But, I didn't sing....

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment