Friday, February 17, 2012

This is the day that the Lord has made....


Let us rejoice in it and get busy!!

I took a day off work to catch up and refocus on my goals for this year. First, my husband and I did our Bible study together. Next, I completed our taxes and the FAFSA for my son's admission to college. Then, on to the tasks I love to put off: cleaning bathrooms, calling the plumber, etc. And, as soon as I complete this posting, I am off to do my weekend cooking, (which I love to do!) - chicken vegetable soup and homemade spaghetti sauce. Then, I will work on tasks for three nonprofits I help out. My goal? To get these miscellaneous tasks done so I can focus on my writing - in 3 hours, I want no excuses to stop me from moving ahead with my passions.

I love days when I force myself to stay focused and on task - when I check items off and then reach the time to do "the big stuff" - my time for dreams and goals. The Bible reading starts the day off on the right track - it reminds me Whom I serve and Whom I love most.

What gets you energized? How do you stay focused and productive?
Jump in here!
Blessings -
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment