Friday, July 22, 2011

Leaving the City for a Country Acreage....

Twenty-one years ago, I left my city life to move to an acreage in the country. The closest town to my home consists of 37 residents, mainly artists and craftspeople. At the time I left, my mom gave me three months, knowing I would miss my lattes, bookstores, plays, and Cardinals baseball team. And I did and still do.

But, I what has kept me here on this hilltop acreage is that I have gained more than I have lost. I have gained horse and cattle (not mine) grazing around my home. Instead of spending my time in traffic after a long day at work, I watch deer, turkey, hummingbirds, and sunsets. 

I won't tell you that this city girl doesn't miss her roots from time to time, but the view from this hilltop is breathtaking... and for now, it's mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment